Immediate action is needed to respond to the graduate student funding crisis at SFU. This is a problem created by decades of inaction. We do not need more studies, we do not need more reports, we do not need charity. We need action now!
- Guaranteed minimum offer of $32,000 (after tuition deductions) with annual increases, for all research based graduate students.
- Eliminating practice of using funding offers as an artificial cap on grad student incomes: more income must be provided for more work.
- Tuition freeze, reductions or waivers.
- Paying International Student Health Fee for affected grad students and their families.
- Graduate student housing that is linked to 30% of graduate income (after tuition) with the addition of more units.
- Pay and benefits for all graduate student RAs equivalent to TAs.
- Ensuring access to affordable food and groceries on or near the campuses.
- Affordable childcare near all three campuses (Burnaby, Vancouver & Surrey)
- Ensuring all practicums are paid and waiving practicum & co-op fees.
- Public review of all third party contracts at the University.
- Increasing the academic and research percentage of the University budget.